The main purpose of the project is to reduce excessive alcohol consumption and its negative impacts on human health and to establish a healthy attitude towards alcohol among the participating stakeholders.
The ESS has been cooperating since 2018 in the project SOPA – United for a responsible attitude towards alcohol consumption: Establishment of an interdisciplinary integral approach to the detection and support for quitting risky and harmful consumption of alcohol among the adult population.
The project’s primary target group are adults who engage in risky and harmful drinking, or members of the community who are exposed to the negative impacts of their own or others’ excessive consumption of alcohol.
The interdisciplinary approach assumes the cooperation of stakeholders in the healthcare and social welfare sector, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), the media and various other stakeholders whose areas of work or programmes include vulnerable population groups and whose goals include reducing social inequalities and health inequalities among the inhabitants of Slovenia.
- To enhance existing and develop new capacities for tackling risky and harmful consumption of alcohol at the national, regional and local level.
- To develop, train individuals for and carry out a pilot test of the approach of individual treatment within the community.
- To inform and train reporters in responsible reporting on alcohol in the mass media.
- To raise awareness of alcohol-related issues among professionals and the general public.
- To establish protocols for dealing with risky and harmful consumption of alcohol within occupations, and developing contacts and cooperation among occupations.
- To propose the implementation of the approach at a systemic level.
The project is being carried out by the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ).
The ESS participates in the project by carrying out targeted activities, such as:
- systematic and proactive provision of information to users about sources of assistance,
- dissemination of materials that inform about alcohol-related issues,
- active participation at events at the local level,
- participation of advisers in motivating users to participate in healthy lifestyle workshops.
From June 2017 to the end of October 2020.
Under the Operational Programme for the Implementation of European Cohesion Policy 2014-2020 with funding from the European Social Fund (80%) and the Republic of Slovenia (20%).
ESS contact person
Sanja Belec, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information ...
... go to the SOPA project website at: www.sopa.si.