Preskoci do navigacije

Preskoci do vsebine

Frequently asked questions

Which documents do I need to submit at the registration?

When you register you have to submit

  • a valid identity document,
  • a completed and signed application for registration.

In order to obtain data on your work experience and insurance period, the ESS can ask you to submit your workers book, or a certificate or diploma on the attained levels of your education.

If you are a jobseeker whose employment is at risk, you will also have to submit:

  • the termination of your employment contract due to business reasons, or
  • the employment contract for a definite period of time.

How do I draw up an employment contract with an employer in the Republic of Slovenia?

You sign the employment contract with the employer. The employer is obliged to enrol you in the compulsory pension, disability and health insurance scheme as well as the unemployment insurance scheme by submitting the M-1 form.

Before you agree on the employment contract the employer (if the company is part of public sector or mostly owned by state) is obliged to submit a vacancy to the Employment Service, including the terms and conditions of work for each vacancy.

Which rights am I entitled to as an unemployed person?

The rights of persons listed in the register of unemployed persons are as follows:

  • the right to unemployment benefit;
  • the right to the payment of contributions for compulsory social insurance;
  • the right to the payment of contributions for pension and disability insurances for one year before you meet the minimal conditions to claim old-age pension as it is stipulated by the pension and disability insurance regulations.

The insured persons can claim the rights on the basis of paid contributions in compliance with the rules which regulate individual types of social insurance.

Which documents do I need to transfer unemployment benefit from my home (EU) country to Slovenia?

If you want to look for a job in Slovenia, you may carry on receiving your unemployment benefits from your local employment office under certain conditions for a period of three months (which can be extended up to six months).

In order to transfer unemployment benefits successfully you will need to apply for a portable document U2 (authorisation to export your unemployment benefits) at your national employment service and submit the form to the Employment service of Slovenia once you arrive.

What does active jobseeking mean?

In accordance with the Labour Market Regulation Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 80/2010) active jobseeking means that:

  • you regularly follow advertised vacancies and send applications on time in accordance with the employment goals in your employment plan,
  • you respond adequately to the referrals of the Employment Service and other measures providers according to the above mentioned act,
  • you attend job interviews when you are invited by the employer, Employment Service or other measures providers,
  • you are obliged to agree with the ESS employment counsellor on a new appointment within 15 days at the latest since your last agreed activity,
  • you carry out all other activities from your employment plan.