You can register with the ESS as an unemployed person or as a jobseeker.
1. Who can register as an unemployed person?
You can be listed in the register of the unemployed if you are able to work, you actively seek employment in the Republic of Slovenia and you are willing to accept it, you legally reside in Slovenia and
- you are not employed,
- you are not self-employed,
- you are not a member of management body in a private partnership company,
- you are not a member of management body in a single-member private limited liability company or institute,
- you do not hold a pension or disability insurance as a farmer,
- you are not retired,
- you do not hold the status of a secondary school student, an apprentice, a university student or a participant in adult education under the age of 26,
and you are
- a citizen of EU or EEA (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland) member states or a citizen of Switzerland or their family member,
- a foreigner with a personal work permit valid for 3 years or for an indefinite period of time,
- a foreigner with temporary protection or an applicant for international protection with a personal work permit,
- a foreigner who is entitled to unemployment benefit after compulsory insurance has expired and holds a valid residence permit.
2. Who can register as a jobseeker?
You can be listed in the register of jobseekers if you need information on the labour market and employment and assistance in jobseeking and you are able to work, you actively seek employment in the Republic of Slovenia and you are willing to accept it, if you legally reside in Slovenia, and you are
- housekeeping person,
- secondary school student,
- university student,
- or otherwise inactive (as regards employment),
or if your employment is at risk because:
- your employer has given you a termination of employment,
- your employment contract will expire within 3 months,
and you are
- a citizen of EU or European Economic Area (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland) member states or a citizen of Switzerland or their family member,
- you have free access to the Slovenian labour market (as reciprocally agreed by an international convention),
- a foreigner with a valid work permit and a valid residence permit.
If your employer has terminated the employment contract for business reasons or for reasons of incapacity and you are in accordance with 97th article of Employment act allowed time off at work at least one day a week for the inclusion of measures of labor market and you want to obtain information about the labor market and job search assistance for earlier transition to a new employment, sign in the register for job seekers within 3 working days.
3. How can I register with the Employment Service?
You can register with the Employment Service:
Where can you register?
You can register at a local labour office which you choose yourself according to the area where you will seek employment or where you will reside.
How do you obtain a receipt regarding your registration with the Employment Service?
You can obtain the receipt that you are registered with the Employment Service at the local office personally or you can order it via eServices (in Slovene language).
4. Are you seeking employment but do not want to register with the Employment Service? Do not miss the services that we provide for you.
Links in Slovene: