You can register with the ESS as an unemployed person or as a jobseeker. After registration your name will be entered in one of our registers.
1. Register of unemployed
If you are not employed, not self-employed or retired, are not attending education or do not hold the status of a farmer, but want to actively seek employment, as a rule you are entered in the register of unemployed.
Read more about registration requirements in the register of unemployed.
2. Register of job seekers
If you are employed, self-employed or attending education, and you need information on the labour market and assistance in job seeking, as a rule you are listed in the register of job seekers.
Read more about registration requirements in the register of job seekers.
3. Where and how to register with the Employment Service
You can register with a labour office which you choose yourself depending on where you are seeking employment or depending on the proximity of your place of residence.
You can register by filling in and submitting the form:
- electronically through the PoisciDelo.si portal (only in Slovenian language);
- personally at the labour office;
- by post to the address of the labour office where you intend to register by sending the application form for registration in the register of unemployed persons or the application form for registration in the register of job seekers;
- through an authorised representative or through a person you authorise to perform specific actions or procedures.
How do you obtain a receipt regarding your registration with the Employment Service?
You can obtain the receipt that you are registered with the Employment Service at the local office personally or you can order it via PoisciDelo.si portal (eServices in Slovenian language).
4. Are you seeking employment but do not want to register with the Employment Service?
Do not miss the services that we provide for you (in Slovenian language):
- PoiščiDelo.si portal, where you can search for job vacancies, introduce yourself to employers who can establish contact with you via the portal, draw up your eCV and much more.
- Job vacancy browser, where based on search criteria you can subscribe to receive new job vacancies via eMail.
- eCounselling – online counselling service for career planning, self-directed career guidance and job searching which enables you labour market information and practical tools.
- The EURES European Job Mobility Portal where you will find information on job vacancies for 31 European countries and learn everything you need about living and working in the EU, EEA countries and Switzerland.
- Learning Opportunities and Qualifications in Europe Portal where you can find information on learning opportunities and qualifications in the EU, EEA countries and Switzerland.