The main objective of cross border seminars for guidance practitioners and policy makers is to provide them insight in wide range of topics related to their professional fields.
Euroguidance Cross Border Seminars have been organised since 2005, when 3 Euroguidance centres (Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia) decided to organize an event dedicated to practitioners, experts and decision makers in the field of career guidance in order to discuss current trends and to share good practices and innovation in the field.
Currently 11 European countries participate in this event: Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Slovakia.
By rotation, each year one Euroguidance centre hosts the event. Since its beginnings Cross Border Seminars were held on the following topics:
- 2018: Guidance and counselling in the school curriculum. Experiences, practices, innovations and responses to current challenges
- 2017: Guidance 4.0: Innovative Practices for New Skills
- 2016: Cross-Cultural Guidance and International Careers – Integrating migrants and minorities
- 2015: Guidance crossing borders
- 2014: Counselling Methods for Fighting Youth Unemployment
- 2013: Methods, tehniques and tools to diagnose competences
- 2012: Career management skills
- 2011: Innovative Tools and Methods in Career Guidance and Counselling
- 2010: Professional Care for Counsellors
- 2009: Career Guidance without Barriers
- 2007: Guidance in Institutions of Higher Education
- 2006: Transition from Secondary Schools to the World of Work
- 2005: Psychological Methods in Career and Vocational Guidance