The European network of vocational information and counselling centres connects guidance practitioners in the field of lifelong career guidance in European countries.
Where can you find Euroguidance centres?
Euroguidance centres are active in all EU countries as well as in Norway, Island, Switzerland, Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey. Euroguidance is a European network of national resource and information centres for guidance. All Euroguidance centres share two common goals:
- to promote the European dimension in guidance
- to provide quality information on lifelong guidance and mobility for learning purposes.
The main target groups of Euroguidance are guidance practitioners and policy makers from both the educational and employment sectors in all European countries.
Euroguidance Slovenia, called also National vocational information and counselling centre, is an active member of Euroguidance network since 2000.
Euroguidance network is financed by the European Commission, Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion. The Euroguidance Network provides support in the areas of learning mobility and lifelong guidance development within education, training and employment.
What do Euroguidance centres do?
- Collect, prepare and forward relevant information on education and training possibilities in their native countries.
- Collect information about other Euroguidance network countries for clients.
- Promote cooperation among different organisation in the field of career guidance in Slovenia and internationally.
- Raising awareness about EU possibilities among guidance practitioners.
- Enhancing development of Euroguidance network by means of: planning and implementing of communication methods and tools; networking and support actions (such as good practices, development of online tools, useful web site) and participation in network working groups.